Kale salad with Cucumber, Mini Bell Peppers, Carrot, Apple, Sliced Minneola Tangelo, Sliced Almonds, Dried Blueberries and Home Made Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
I tossed everything together then decided to top it with some sliced Minneola Tangelo and extra Dried Blueberries. YUM.
Miso Soup with Celery, Broccoli, Carrots, Radishes, and Green Onion
This was incredibly easy to make. Make miso soup if you are short of time or just feeling lazy ;]
literally all I did was:
1) boil water
2) add veggies, reduce heat, cook until desired tenderness or about 10 minutes
3) add miso (1/4 cup for ever 6 cups water)
Ideally I would make this with tofu, noodles, and seaweed, but I was craving miso, so I made it with what I had on hand. It was delightfully easy! I’ll make it authentic next time.
You can find miso at an asian market or health food store. I got mine at Sprouts.
So easy and so good! :]
Marinated Kale & Purple Cabbage, Cucumber, Red Cherrie Tomatoes, Yellow Cherrie Tomatos, Apple, Dried Cranberries, and Pecans in a Lemon Balsamic Vinaigrette
A kale salad takes just a few more steps to prepare than your typical green salad but this tasty superfood is well worth it.
1) Tear the kale away from it’s tough stems. Discard stems and put kale in a large bowl.
2) Sprinkle with a dash of salt and massage with hands for 1-2 minutes.
3) Choose a dressing that includes vinegar or lemon to help break down the tough skin. Toss kale and let marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes before you eat. Marinated kale keeps well for up to 3 days.
You are left with tender and delicious kale :]
TJ’s Masala Burger on whole wheat bread & vegenaise with sautéed red and orange bell pepper, yellow and red cherrie tomatos, onions, garlic, and topped with fresh cilantro.